the unique bush environment
Discover open savannah woodland, dry rainforest, lava flows and marine fossil beds on field trips.
Our typical herd consists of 600 high-grade Brahman cattle: 300 breeder-aged females and 300 yearlings.
With temperatures near 30°C and 600mm of rain a year, Fletcherview has a dry season of 6 to 9 months.
what you'll see at Fletcherview
As a student, get hands-on experience as a grazier. As a researcher, complete your studies in an industry-standard commercial cattle environment.
- Outback cattle ranch
- Located in the dry tropics
- Laboratories and accommodation
- Unique vegetation and geology
Study and Research
600 head of quality Brahman cattle
Our herd supports production and reproduction research, and veterinary study by the Australian Institute of Tropical Veterinary and Animal Science.
- Research in nutrition, immunology and parasitology
- Streamlined approval processes
- Close to major population centres
- Perfect for collaborative projects
Location & Contact
Fletcherview Research Station
Basalt, QLD 4280, Australia
- From Townsville, drive to Charters Towers. Turn north onto Gregory Development Road (Route 63/Lynd Highway). Drive 26 kilometres. Fletcherview's entrance is on your left.
- Call us on 07 4787 2839 (If calling internationally, dial +61 7 4787 2839)